[AT] no mail today

crawler crawler at lynnet.com
Mon Nov 22 07:49:48 PST 2004

Most of those old button grease fitting where made to take oil not grease
All the crawler rollers and idlers i know of took gear oil and the idea was
to flush out dirt and water with fresh oil every so many hours of running .
I was always told if it had a button fitting use gear oil if it had a grease
zirk use grease.For awhile John Deere made a roller grease i believe it is
the same grease they call Corn Head grease now . It stays a solid until it
starts to get warm then turns to a liquid then solids up when cooled off.
ED  http://www.crawlerheaven.com/index.htm