[AT] The value of tractor manuals

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Nov 19 02:49:09 PST 2004

My operation is similar. What I do is NOT use are the sheet protectors
on the "shop" edition purposely. That way I can mark it up - check marks
as I go along, question marks and underline for items I am missing or
need replacement, highlighter for stuff that needs attention or is
particularly important, notes for future reference, and so on. I keep
the "original" copy clean in another marked binder in a file cabinet. If
a page gets too dirty, torn, or coffee stained, I run another off on the
printer or copier. When I am done with the project, I may transfer some
of the notes to pages in the back of the "archive" binder, if I feel
they are important for future use (the NAPA number for an IH filter, for
instance), and dispose of the soiled/marked pages. Printer paper is
cheap. :-)

Mike