[AT] The value of tractor manuals

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Thu Nov 18 03:03:04 PST 2004

	I've never seen a tractor manual that was not correct but
there are a lot of them out there I haven't seen so who knows. All
Allis Chalmers, John Deere and Farmall Cub manuals seem to be very
accurate but I don't know about other brands.

	What has given me the fits are manuals that have been
copied. It seems to me that some people who copy manuals think all
they have to do is make a copy. They don't seem to concern themselves
too much with quality. Photos come out dark and gray and pages are
sometimes blurry and not centered or turned to one side or the other.

	I've seen some instruction sheets that could be called manuals
that come with foreign made equipment and some of the mistakes in them
are laughable. They seem to try to get good translations but are not
successful. I've often wondered how much it could possibly have cost
them to have someone who knows the machinery involved and who speaks
good English read these manuals before they are printed. Doesn't seem
to me that it would be too hard to find someone to proofread them.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson