[AT] tri-axle trailer question

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 20:24:38 PST 2004

Gary:
If you are talking about GVW, Gross Vehicle weight, your truck is probably
about 22000 lbs...  However, when you tow a trailer, you should use the  GCW,
Gross Combination Weight rating which should be somewhere around 36000  for
that truck.  I hav ve a 1600 Loadstar that we load with everything  under the sun
and also pull large combines with and it never has been  loaded.   A 3500
Chevy or a F350 ford is rated 20,000 GCW. so, your  27,000 gcwwould not really
overload a 1 ton.

You should be ok with your 580, I haul a 400 JD Backhoe and Loader behind  my
1600 on a 3 axle and also on a Spread axle 45 foot gooseneck....

Cecil in OKla

In a message dated 11/16/2004 9:20:35 PM Central Standard Time,