[AT] tri-axle trailer question

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Tue Nov 16 18:02:31 PST 2004

Cecil,   I haven't towed anything that big with a truck like yours but keep
in mind that you need about 10% of towed weight for tongue weight.  Since it
is a 9 ton capacity trailer you would need about 1,800 lbs of tongue  weight
when the trailer is fully loaded.  Does that sound like too much for your
trucks to handle?   I would suspect so.   I've seen your  Dodge.  It is
heavy duty but maybe not that heavy.  Haven't seen your GMC.

Charlie