[AT] Homemade trailers

R Mull rbobmull at comcast.net
Tue Nov 16 15:13:17 PST 2004

I have built at least 6 trailers(memory) in the past 35 years. Smallest  4x8
and the largest a 20 foot goose neck with three axles. In Florida I had to
have them weighed at a certified scale and a court officer(policeman look at
the lights to get a tag. Here in Georgia , go to the local tag office, state
that you have built a homemade trailer from materials on hand(no tax) , they
give you a metal serial # tag that you fix to the tongue , pull the trailer
to a local precint and have a policeman look at the serial # and sign a
statement that it is well secured to the trailer and go back to the tag
office and pay 15.00 for a tag. Most of the time the Policeman will want to
check the lights, but it is not required that he does. Different strokes for
different States.

I bought new brakes,including back plates for the two axle I use now. Cost
$240.00

Thanks,
Robert Mull
Woodstock, Georgia.