[AT] IH 466 question

bwhdon acton at onramp.bz
Fri Nov 12 11:02:48 PST 2004

Any of you out there a new age mechanic? computer control folks?  I have one
of our division of forestry crew carriers that is driving me nuts. It's a DT
466 turboed engine with the ECM system stuff, switches and relays all over
the place. It has a spuratic fuel miss, seems like the injectors are all
shuting off every once in awhile. The codes showed a bad cam sensor so it
was replaced , but no codes on the injectors. The computer grounds have all
been check but it still kicks once in awhile and some times is hard to
restrart. the fuel filters have all been changed and no moister in the fuel.
I see that the injector control is all in line with the oil temp switch, the
injector control sender, the injector and ecm relays etc. etc. the wires
have all been checked for connection and seem to be good. Not having the
computer to hook up to this Beast of new age mechanical wizardry all I can
go by is the on board codes and I can't identify the problem .  I am kinda
leaning towards the simple stuff like replacing the sensors and relays
rather than the $800.00 injector control modual or the $1500.00 ECM.

Thanks

Don