[AT] Shop heating

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Wed Nov 10 19:11:47 PST 2004

On 11/10/2004 at 5:45 PM David Myers wrote:

>Oh, not really a 'by the way' but, nice stove you have
>there.  From the 50's ?
>Keep up the fine work you do for us,

50s is my guess too.   I was born in '61 and there were in use in many a
house when I was a kid.   By the 70s though it seems most were gone.  I
think they were a popular replacement for parlor coal/wood stoves for older
folks that couldn't shovel coal or haul wood and couldn't afford central
heat.   I remember seeing them in nicer hunting/fishing cabins too.  In
fact, Denise and I honeymooned in a cabin that had a similar stove.  I
don't remember much about the stove (-;

On 11/10/2004 at 7:59 PM Jeff Hall wrote:

>I got one of these for free last year.  It has a tank mounted on the
>back of the stove.  It works great.

Good find Jeff.   I looked and looked for a free one, but something was
always wrong with it if I found one(I found two free ones).  I was not in
the mood for another project - I wanted something that worked so I waited
until a very nice one came up in Goldsboro.

Take care,

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!