[AT] Shop heating

Jim and Lyn Evans jevans at evanstoys.com
Wed Nov 10 19:57:38 PST 2004

The stove looks a lot like the two that were in my grandma's house....

My shop/garage is a insulated 900 sq ft, 12 foot sidewall, pole building.
The insulation is the basic 2" thick.  It is really not all that well
insulated.  Anyway, I put in one of these radiant heaters in the ceiling
http://www.superiorradiant.com/files/Series%20RE.pdf
That heater is the best thing I have ever been around.  It uses half the gas
of a forced air furnace, and keeps the concrete warm.  The thermometer on
the wall can say 50 deg, and I am sweating in a t-shirt.  It cost about $900
and took most of an afternoon to put in.
If you are looking for a heater for your shop, take a look at radiant heat.

Jim