[AJD] Antique Tractor Gas Tank sealer

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Wed Nov 10 09:03:50 PST 2004

Dean
I used about one bottle of Kreme on my 1927 D fuel tank. I try to use 2 so as to get liquid enough to roll around the inside then drain the excess out.
All methods mentioned will work just fine. The aircraft sealer talked about here is, I believe,  3M product #777 and is available only to the aircraft industry. I used to use it but lost my source of supply and changed to Kreme.
The only thing I am particular about is that I refuse to use the "watery" fuel tank sealers, I like the "thick as honey" type as I believe it sticks better. Kreme is one of these. I also never use the etch chemicals, just clean as well as possible and steam clean the devil out of it. Let it dry in the sun for a few days and then seal.
The D has lasted so far since 1987
Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company
Box 709
7460 E Hiway 86
Franktown, CO 80116
303-663-5246
303-468-0377 FAX<<--A GREAT WAY TO REACH ME!