[AT] Jap tractors

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Nov 8 03:14:19 PST 2004

Steve W. wrote:

> Mitsubishi is the outfit that is making the midsize Cub Cadet tractors
> for MTD.  They also made some for Ford before
> their contract expired.
If Mitsubishi ever made tractors for Ford, it was in very limited
numbers - I never saw anything like that come into the shop, nor are
they listed in any of my "power equipment" books. I am not saying you
are completely wrong, but even the old 2 cylinder compact diesels were
Shibaura. And before that, Ford lawn and garden stuff was made by
Jacobsen then Gilson. The current line of New Holland compacts are all
Shibaura, with the exception of the "zero turn" machines that are made
by Toro.

Mike