[AT] OT: Firey End to My Car

Edward Tabor edward.tabor at zoominternet.net
Sun Nov 7 21:01:35 PST 2004

Sounds like a starter solenoid might have stuck, and the starter got way
hot or the bad starter was pulling more juice than the wiring could
handle.    I have a 1999.5  Jetta TDI, with 105.000 miles.   Mine is
also nice  and green with a tan and black interior.  Only real problems
out of  mine has been  dead batteries for unknown reasons, it can happen
one time if the car sits a day, the next time, it can sit 2 weeks
without trouble.  Only other trouble was a bad main power relay which
would cause the car to die, unexpectedly, about 2 times/week.

Sorry to hear about yours, but the new ones with the PD TDI engines are
very sweet.  (Mom and Dad bought an 04 Jetta Wagon, TDI with the PD engine.

Ed