[AT] Snow in the TX panhandle

Wayne Snelling wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Tue Nov 2 11:08:46 PST 2004

Dear Phil: You can suspect all you want to but I should not have come to
work and will be leery of traveling those 50 miles back home this
evening as it is still snowing and the drivers are getting much like
those in the DFW  area when a little snow/ice comes their way. I
actually applauded when one guy this morning that was leading the charge
but changing speeds from 20 to 35 to 20 to...., when he spun out in
front of a truck and landed safely in the ditch. The rest of us then
went on about getting to our destination ...much more safley than
following him. I am guessing 6-8 inches at home and about 3 here in
Lubbock. But it is just warm enough here in Lubbock that everything is
melting now. Different story about 10-15 miles north.
And to make this conform - the tractor operations in the fields that
were stripping my cotton have ceased!

Wayne