[AT] OT Truck engine rebuild

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Mon Nov 1 20:45:09 PST 2004

First - Sorry about the double send of my last message.   Operator error
using the mouse....

Some folks expressed interest in the rebuild of my Isuzu Trooper diesel
engine when I mentioned it a few months ago.  Here is the URL for the
pictures:

http://www.antique-tractor.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=IDIESEL

This month I started reassembly after 5 months of having to look for parts
as far away as Australia(I can find parts for most antique tractors a
million times easier than I could this truck).  Other delays included a
surprise with the pistons:  The top ring grooves were wrong and I had to
have the grooves machined.  Of course I had to wait on the engine shop that
was doing the machining, the diesel shop doing the injection pump, and so
on.  I am about done with reassembly and painting and just need to drop it
in!  Of course, it may be 3 weeks before I get 2 minutes to rub together to
work on it again!

Sorry for the off-topic post, but I couldn't remember the folks who had
expressed interest to send them this note directly.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net