[AJD] Upper water pipe on JD 60 succumbs to brute force

Kenneth Jones kenejons61 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 18:14:31 PST 2004

Dean,

       Sorry for this late response, but I have been having phone line problems, and have been unable to log onto the internet since last Wednesday..

       After we exchanged e-mails early last week, I spoke with a friend that formerly worked for a local John Deere dealer.  He explained that you could heat castings until the heat softened the rubber "O" ring and then twist the pipe out of the casting.  I didn't use that method but it sure sounds like a workable solution to me. Seems like your solution ended as mine did with a replacement needed.

     Just as an aside, the lower pipe on my 530 is the same diameter as the upper pipe. On my tractor a 2" piece of pipe was use as a replacement by the former owner.  It appears to be a slightly bit larger but the rubber hoses allow the fit to be made..

Ken Jones