[AT] O/T GM diesel question

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 17:45:05 PST 2004

> I also used some external heat from my portable
> space heater. I set the
> heater in the back of my pickup, used a 10 foot
> section of pipe to transfer
> the hot air directly onto the manifold side of the
> engine. After ten or
> fifteen minutes the engine block has warmed up
> enough to allow easy starting
> even at today's temperatures in the 20s.
>
> Ralph in Sask.

Ralph, I have done very similar (didn't think of the
pipe trick, can I borrow your idea)?  Usually only
have to resort to extreme measures when it gets below
Zero (F).
Do have block heaters on the trucks but most of the
other equipment doesn't.  Mostly we have a hard time
plugging it in where there's no power available.
Electricity is usually run after we are done at a
site, oh well.

Dave,
Paw Paw, Michigan
The older I get the less I look forward to winter.