[AT] Question about modern 4WD tractor (while watching OliverSuper77 Diesel)

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Tue Nov 30 08:33:46 PST 2004

I appreciate all of the feedback. I really did not think I had a problem as
the tractor works so nicely, but I was thinking about the load per shank and
that started to get me concerned. Subsoiling (ripping here) consumes a large
amount of power in our heavy soils, the neighbors are pulling three shanks
with 275hp and I am doing it with around 90! They are going a little deeper,
but not much. I just got concerend reading about the FWA worries.... On the
other hand, Farmer Robinson's response below doesn't match what I have done
here about speed. My experience is mostly with crawlers and they pull at
2.5mph happily and all decade (not all day in other words, LOL.) I typically
pull a disc with this tractor ten inches deep 10.5' wide in either fourht or
fifth gear (5-6.5mph) and a wider disc slower....
    Thanks all. It is just different with these new tractors versus the old
Cats I am used to.
        Grant Brians
        Hollister California