[AJD] Another Plea For Educatione: Antique-johndeere Digest, Vol 7, Issue 28

Terry & Carolyn Welshans welshans2 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 29 03:50:18 PST 2004

Bruce said:

>Terry and others: A word of caution on resistance testing. Resistance
>testing doesn't check the circuit under a load, therefore it can pass with
>the required resistance value but still be bad and/or fail after warm.
>
>Bruce Mahr

Yep.  If they are damaged internally, but the resistance is still OK, they
can fail when they get hot. I have had a couple of coils do that, one in a
Jeep while on an off-road trip.  Made a slow trip back home........

This test is good for picking one that may work out of a collection of
unknown coils.  If they are open or If the resistance is very low, they
won't work at all.

Regards,

Terry Welshans
Homer Glen, Illinois

"Always do right- this will gratify some and astonish the rest. "
Mark Twain (1835-1910)

www.midwestoilburners.org
www.fokisd.org
www.terrystoy.com