[AJD] 50 Hitch questions - AHA

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Nov 28 19:02:26 PST 2004

Gordon:

AHA, I finally figured out what brackets you are referring to. DA 5933A & DA
5934A. The ones that are angle iron with a stud welded to them for mounting
the two lower draft arms on. I've got quite a few sets of them here but I
would have to check whether I have any extra's left over after configuring
complete hitches. I know where there is a set mounted on a tractor in
Southern Idaho. Unfortunately the tractor will need to be hoisted up in
order to get to them. I looked at them and wasn't willing to do the work to
get them off. Unfortunately, I don't think the salvage yard owner is
ambitious enough to do so either. Unfortunately he is lazier than I am.
Well, maybe if you offer him enough money!  :-)

I'm not aware of anyone making these parts in the aftermarket. It really
wouldn't be that hard to do. The studs would have to be turned and threaded.
That would require a mill.

I can offer a set for pattern making if you want to do that.  Or take a
bunch of measurements if that would help. These brackets have to be really
sturdy as they take a lot of abuse. I've seen these brackets aided by braces
to the axle to give them more strength.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door