[Farmall] transmission gears

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Sun Nov 28 13:19:15 PST 2004

Bob,
I don't have a Super C Parts Catalog handy, so I spanned it by looking at
the C and 2x0 catalogs.  From C to 200, 2 parts show different part numbers:
front shift rail guide and oil slinger gear.  In both cases, no part
touching these changed so I assume compatibility.  There are also some
things you have to watch on the gears.  The 1-2 slider and first driven gear
changed at model 200 serial 12499.  Book says they interchange, but need to
be used as pairs.  Also, some tractors had a high speed third gear.  If you
run into these, the 3-4 slider and third driven gear need to be changed as
pairs.  High speed third should come with a suffix code "DD" on the serial
number.

Some parts are common in the 240 as well.  But that gets more complicated,
so I won't try to cover it.  Ask for specifics if you need them.

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net