[AT] Gas Tank sending unit needed

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Nov 26 12:01:02 PST 2004

Ron:

Interesting you mention the JD experimental farm activities. When I was at
Iowa State in Ames, IA and in the AF ROTC program I used to fly (Instructor
with me in a T6) over much of the Iowa farm land.  Saw all kinds of things
that were hidden from the roads. Sometimes we flew to NW IA and buzzed my
Dad in the field, sometimes I was asked to see how close a circle I could
cut around the big radio antenna in Ames, (WOW?) but in other occasions we
spent quite a bit of time looking for unusual activities on the local farm
landscape.

I do remember how interesting the landings were in the hot weather,
updrafts/downdrafts were common over the fields that were freshly plowed vs
those fully green. I know that I had to replace my underwear a few times
after a few of my inexperienced landings. The landing gears in those
training planes must have been over designed. I think I pushed the design
limits a few times. Lt Caruthers was my instructor's name. Why I remember
that guys name is odd. It's over 45 years ago already.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com