[AJD] JD B flywheel crank

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Fri Nov 26 05:43:18 PST 2004

My experience with the serious/emergency use of the stub-in-the-toolbox and
the steering wheel was with a 1948 G we had on the farm.  Pretty serious
size engine to be cranking with this wobbly arrangement, especially since
the steering wheel nut got put back on just finger tight, and pretty soon
the steering wheel key slot was badly worn.

The wheel in your picture, on eBay, and in the B parts book all give me the
impression of being smaller in diameter than a steering wheel, is this
correct?  At least the G had a good sized steering wheel so we had some
leverage.

B²
Bill Brueck (brick)
Chatfield, Minnesota USA

Confusion is a higher state of knowledge than ignorance.