[AJD] Model 40 Question

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Nov 25 20:20:57 PST 2004

Cal:

My first guess would be that you have a partially plugged fuel tank outlet,
fuel line, or screen in the carburetor that is dirty.  Basically you are
getting flow but not quite enough. I would recommend starting at the
carburetor bowl and checking flow and if not satisfactory check to see if
you carburetor has a screen in the inlet and clean it if necessary. Then
check the fuel line for flow quantity and then back to the sediment bowl and
fuel tank outlet. Something is restricting adequate flow.

The only other thing I can think of is that the float on the carburetor is
set too low but I think the problems you describe is more than likely
inadequate fuel flow from the tank. I would suspect that if you worked the
tractor the run time would drop dramatically.

In a hurry I have been known to just simply blow compressed air back through
the fuel lines and if it is just dirt/junk plugging up the tank outlet it
will clear it out temporarily. But over time the problem will come back.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com