[AT] Gas Tank sending unit needed

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Thu Nov 25 16:55:04 PST 2004

  I guess I just assumed what my local IH
>mechanic was correct or I misunderstood.  He told me the original IH Gauge
>worked fine with the Massey sending unit until you mounted the gauge in the
>dash where it was grounded, then the whole thing went @ss backwards.
---

Lane, what's the possibility of the original guage being shorted internally
to the case? What was the original problem? If it needed the case grounded,
I wouldn't think it would work right when it was out of the dash unless you
jumpered a ground. I looked at the schematic for my T340 and if the
schematic is correct it doesn't show the case of the guage as being a
ground. Does it still work right through the whole sweep, just backwards??
Can you change the wire positions at the guage and get it to work right?
Seems that worrked for the ammeter when you switch from positive to
negative ground. If all else fails, you could always translate the E as
enough and the F as "fill me up":)

           Doug Tallman
           dtallman at accnorwalk.com
           VGTCOA Ohio Regional Director