[Farmall] Farmall Super MD

Kevin Bish krsky at alltel.net
Wed Nov 24 20:09:45 PST 2004

I am working on a Super MD. I couldn't get it to start on the gas side, but
it runs fine on the diesel side. Here is my question. While trying to start
it on gas, the tractor would try to start but would not stay running. If I
would hold my hand over the air breather tube it would run, until I took my
hand off. I'm thinking the needle valve or the float might be sticking in
the carb. The spark plugs are not fouled at all, even if you have the choke
shut. Any idea's before I start tearing things apart? Where would I get a
carb rebuild kit for this tractor? Thanks, Kevin.