[AT] John Deere dealers and parts

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Nov 24 15:36:35 PST 2004

	I got a shock yesterday after I had called the only John Deere
dealer in our area to see if they had a point set for my JD 420 crawler
in stock. I was told they did and drove the 20 miles over there to pick
it up. The point set they handed me was for a JD 420 lawn and garden
tractor and the parts man had no idea John Deere made a two cylinder
420 tractor or what it was. Geez, imagine that. He was born after they
quit making the 420 and is a parts man there. Of course, I suppose this
is what you get when you lose all your farms to subdivisions. They offered
to order a set in for me but I have been thru this before and said no.
Besides the tractor is out in the yard with the hood off and we are in for
two days of rain.

	Today, my wife and I had to go to Scranton, PA on business and
I looked up Pennsylvania JD dealers on the JD web site. There is one in
Honesdale, PA which was right on our way home from Scranton on old Route 6.
So I stopped there. They renewed my faith in John Deere dealers as they
had the part, knew what the JD 420 crawler was and when I also bought a
toy yellow JD 2010 crawler, they knew what that was too. It pleases me that
we are moving 40 miles closer to this JD dealer as I have a feeling I will
be there whenever I need something in the future.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson