[AT] Concrete slab

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Nov 23 21:58:18 PST 2004

Back in the 60s and 70s all the concrete on this farm was mixed and poured
by my Dad, myself and two brothers. That included floors for granaries,
workshops, a foundation for a 44x60 steel quonset, a cistern and probably a
few other things I have forgotten. Some of it is certainly not up to
professional standards but plenty good enough to do the job. I'd guess there
was quite a cost saving there since all the labour was free, the gravel came
from the field  across the road and plenty of field stones were used as
filler..
Those 80 something pound sacks of concrete were heavy, dry and dusty. Pretty
well everybody around here poured their own cement in those days. Now its
all done by the big redi-mix trucks. I've seen some good results from it and
some not so good. Its certainly a lot easier on the back.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/