[AT] Concrete slab

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Tue Nov 23 12:24:43 PST 2004

Unless you have amixer big enough to make all of  the cement for the slab
within an hour or so you will have section that are  hardeding way before you get
to the end of the job. and remember it will take an  army of men to keep it
going.
Years ago my unlce Walter wanted to build a  swimming pool it was about 20 by
50 we had a huge mixer that made about one yard  at a time and it took about
6 of us to keep it going all day just to make enough  concrete for the floor.
I never worked so hard in my life. the labor was  free but if you had to pay
for it then that would kill you.

On small jobs  around the house a good mixer is nice to have but anytime you
start pooring  slabs its always cheaper and better to have your local concrete
suplier to bring  it in and get the job done right the first time.

Walt Davies
Cooper  Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460