[AT] Concrete slab

Wayne Snelling wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Tue Nov 23 11:10:21 PST 2004

Ricky: The big difference is you will need lots of help when you start
mixing/pouring the concrete.  I think you could save more than 50%. Our
redimix here is about $ 60-65/yd. The  sand and gravel is about $ 22/yd
and cement is about $ 5 bag  and it takes (I think) about 3 bags for a
yard. Portland cement is mixed at a ration of 1 cement to 5 sand/gravel.
Cost per yd for the concrete would be about $ 21. Come to think of it it
may be 9bags for a yd of cement and if so cost is $ 26/yd. Whichever, it
is about 50% cheaper, plus labor and no need for coments about our cheap
labor.
BTW will the mixer hold 1/3yd or more/less than that? Also will it be
available when you finish your slab> I have all the hand tools and bull
floats etc to do the work and I am good at supervision!

Wayne