[AT] Gas tank sealers

Kyle Sands willys_46 at mail.com
Tue Nov 23 09:12:47 PST 2004

Cecil, you have brought to mind another question regarding this Rust Detroyer.  From your experience, it sounds like a terrific product that might be just the ticket for some of my projects around here.  The question I have is how similar this stuff is to the other rust reformers that are on the market?  I've used varying brands of rust reformers that claim to turn rust into a neutral, paintable material - which they all have done.  But in my experience, the rust has returned in a matter of months to a year (maybe I'm using it incorrectly).  Do you feel this Rust Destroyer is a superior product to the rust reformers you can get at the local hardware store or Wal-Mart?

The other question I have about this product: how easy is it to apply paint over it; or rather, how well does paint adhere to this "epoxy" finish that this product produces?  Does it require special prep to get paint to stick, or can paint be applied right over the top?

Thanks again,

Kyle Sands <>< Huntley, MN

>	If you look thru their web site or get a catalog, you will see they
> also sell a Rust Destroyer which looks white when it goes on and turns into
> a black epoxy type finish that is hard as nails when it dries. I've also
> used this stuff on rust spots on auto and pickup bodies and on frames, etc.
> It is great stuff and absolutely stops rust cold.
>
> Cecil
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm