[AT] Farmer's Article(Bush Hog)

Alan Riley ariley at cox-internet.com
Mon Nov 22 19:14:19 PST 2004

Farmer's article reminded me of a fatal accident that occurred just
a few miles from me last spring.  A man allowed his young grandchild,
a girl around 3 or 4 years old as I recall, and another child around
8 years old, to ride in the bucket of his FEL while he bushhogged.
The man was looking away when the little girl lost one of her shoes
over the side of the bucket and decided to climb down after it.  He
couldn't respond quick enough to the screams of the 8 year-old.
Two volunteer firemen passed out at the sight and three law officers
had to undergo counseling.

Having a 4 year-old granddaughter myself, I don't think I could live
with myself after being responsible for such a tragedy.

As farmer says, "Let's be careful, folks".

Alan Riley
Deville, LA