[AT] another trailer for hauling tractors

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Mon Nov 22 15:50:14 PST 2004

	As a result of the posts on the subject of trailers a week or
so ago, I made up my mind on what I wanted for a trailer to haul my
JD 2010 bulldozer.

	I ran an ad in the local newspaper for 10 days that just said
I wanted to buy a good used tandem axle 5 ton or better trailer with a
pintle hitch. I got maybe 10 answers to my ad but only one seemed to be
what I wanted. I went and looked at it this afternoon and bought it on
the spot.

	It is a 5 year old commercial made 20 foot beavertail with a
pintle hitch and rated at 16000# GVWR and 12000# maximum load. It has
a pintle hitch, tandem axles and a 4 foot beavertail with spring assist
ramps. The frame is 8" channel with plenty cross members. Deck is oak.
All lights work and the trailer appears to have been well taken care of.
There is a large chain locker in the front between frame members. It has
electric disc brakes on all four wheels. New tires all around and a new
breakaway switch/battery combination. Three "D" ring tie downs on each
side.

	The seller used it to haul a small excavator that weighs about
the same as my JD 2010 dozer and pulled it with a Ford F-350 one ton
dump truck. My 3500 GMC 4WD with the diesel engine should pull anything
a Ford F-350 gas would pull, I would think. I paid considerably less
than half of the cost of a new trailer for this and consider it to be
a bargain. No rust at all and in very nice condition.

	Thanks again for all your help.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson