[AT] Battery Life?

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Sun Nov 21 06:53:16 PST 2004

Since I work with rechargeable batteries on my remote sensing stream  gauges,
we spent almost an entire day on battery maintenance.  If a 12 v  battery
ever goes below 10.5 v,  for any length of time, it's life is cut  in half....  A
fully charged battery will discharge to below  10.5 volts within 90 days
without being charged...   On the other hand  if a 12 v battery is charged above
15v, its life is cut in half...
We use solar panels to maintain the charge, and remove tghe batteries every
year and replace them with one that has been recharged and drawn and tested on
a  battery reconditioner.  ( expensive charger )

I have had batteries last over 6 years in my 1600 loadstar, and only 1 year
on my JD400 loader.    It depends on the regulator....

Cecil in OKla