[AT] no mail today

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sat Nov 20 16:12:28 PST 2004

> Maybe I should have used the word "bushings".  this was most obvious on crawler track rollers.
>
> Mike
>
> Cecil E Monson wrote:
>
>>> I would make a comment about that. Some older systems relied on grease
>>
>> to keep dirt out of joints - they counted on the grease gun to push old
>> dirty grease out and new clean grease in.
>>
>>     I have to admit that is a new one on me. I never heard of it
>> before but maybe I've led a sheltered life. I've never had any dirt get
>> into MY joints.
>>
>> Cecil

	Well, my two crawlers have both pins and bushings but none that I
have ever seen were greasable. They are pressed in and never require
greasing. Rollers need grease on the older crawlers but newer machines
have sealed bearings and don't have grease fittings. You might be thinking
of the rollers.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson