[AT] OT - Bigger is always better when lifting..

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Sat Nov 20 04:51:07 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/20/2004 12:38:58 AM Central Standard Time,
falcon at telenet.net writes:

As for  the crane he had the outboard outrigger down but it looks like he
only had  the right side down and not down solid either.
Might have been better off  to roll the deck back and drop it to  the
ground.

,This picture has intrigued me for way too long.   Hindsight  is 20-20, but
if I was working with the original truck, I would have worked with  the boom
over the cab.  that is where you would get the maximum lifting  moment, and the
maximum reach.  A lot of operators are reluctant to work  with the boom over
the cab, but it just takes a little attention to  detail...   That car he is
trying to lift shouldnt weigh more than  about 3200lbs.......  Oh well, we could
rn this into the ground with what  if, but it is a great lesson.....

Thanks whoever sent it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Cecil in OK