[AT] More trailer questions..

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sat Nov 20 03:16:06 PST 2004

	I've never had a problem with excess grease. Maybe it is from
learning early on in life not to overgrease things. My father was not
one to condone wasting anything and when grease started to show on
farm machinery, it was time to quit pumping the handle on the grease
gun. Modern machinery only takes so much grease and then you feel the
pressure on the handle of the grease gun. If you go past this point
you can be popping seals.

	As to Bearing Buddies on trailer axles. These things have a weak
spring holding a plastic or light metal disc that holds the zerk fitting.
When you pump grease into the zerk, it pushes the disc with the zerk
toward you. The BB is full of grease when it gets all the way out. If you
go further than that, it will pop the disc out so that is the stopping
point. All you have to do from then on is walk by and look at the discs.
Any that need grease or that might have a leaking grease seal will be
noticed because the discs will be in toward the inside of the hub. I have
found that only very occasionally will one need grease on my trailers
and then only a little bit.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson