[AT] tri-axle trailer question

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Fri Nov 19 06:33:41 PST 2004

That one catches a lot of folks Charlie. The same situation is in
Florida. Folks buy those heavy rated
vehicles and decide to register them light. They get pulled over and
find out they are illegal.

NYS DOT is something else. Some days they don't even blink at you and
the next they just about strip your truck.
You are VERY correct about the testing and higher class being cheaper.
My ex boss decided to take the company rig
down to NC one time, he wanted to pick up some parts and didn't want to
pay myself or the other driver OT to do it.
He got stopped before leaving NY. Driving a class 8 rig with a 48 foot
trailer with a class D can cost you BIG money.
By the time he paid the fines AND paid me to drive down to get the rig
it cost him around 5,000.00

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY