[AT] The value of tractor manuals

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Thu Nov 18 15:02:13 PST 2004

> Cecil: Yip, try to wire a simple 4 pole switch with an instruction sheet made in Japan.
> Question: What would be a fair price to copy(very good quality), per copied side,  a manaul with both sides copied as in the original manual and then have the original manual rebound?
> Has anyone had this done and ? $
>
> Wayne

	I've never had to buy any copies myself. I once tried to have
a couple pages from a manual copied at a Kinkos and they refused saying
they were not allowed to copy copywrited material.

	So, what I do is scan my manuals, save the pages to my second
hard drive, and then print a copy for use in the shop. I don't usually
worry about trying to make two sided copies and just print each page
by itself. I use those cheap plastic sheet protectors that come with
the three holes in them for 3 ring binders and make up my shop manuals
that way. I buy those white 3 ring notebooks at Sams Club and use them
to bind my shop manuals. The plastic sheet protectors keep the pages
nice and clean as well as holding them in the 3 ring binder.

	I also make a CD of my manuals just in case I have a hard drive
problem although I am told the chances of losing a hard drive are pretty
slim.

	I suppose I could have a computer in the shop and just use the
CDs but I am old fashioned and like reading printed manuals when I am
trying to figure something out.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson