[AT] tri-axle trailer question

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Nov 18 13:44:26 PST 2004

 Mike, not to say your wrong BUT, from both sites it reads.

Class D - Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of 18K or less, may tow a vehicle
of  >>OVER 10,000 pounds
                   IF the Gross Combination Weight Rating is less than
26,000 pounds.<<
                   Limited use autos, Class B or C Motorcycles, RVs 26K
or less.

So IF your pickup is rated for 11,000 pounds you can tow a 15,000 pound
trailer.
On the other side IF your tow vehicle is something rated for 18K you can
only tow
an 8K trailer on a class D.

I know these laws real well since I hold a class A,M with X,T,M,P and S
endorsements on it.
I get to shuffle DMV paperwork a lot.  Anybody want to pay my next
renewal.....

I DO pay attention since it is REAL easy to lose a CDL  if you screw up.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY