[Steam-engine] Engines at the Cumming Show.

Kiwp Blackburn kblackburn at cummingantiquepower.com
Thu Nov 18 13:01:49 PST 2004

There has been a couple of questions about what engines were at the Cumming, GA show this year. Here is a list of engines that were fired up at one time or another.

1.  1902 Case 20hp traction engine owned by the Blackburn Family of Cumming, GA
2.  1907 Case 15hp traction engine owned by Michael Moore of Cumming, GA
3.  1911 Case 45hp traction engine owned by Richard Webb of Cumming, GA
4.  1906 Case 9hp traction engine owned by Buddy Lang of Cumming, GA
5.  1910 Case 110hp traction engine owned by Buddy Lang of Cumming, GA
6.  1913 Peerless U 20hp traction engine owned by Ralph Webb of Cumming, GA
7.  1923 Port Huron 24hp traction engine owned by Jay Willingham of Cumming, GA
8.  1915 Reeves 25hp traction engine owned by Gardie, David and Eddie Thomas of Cumming, GA
9.  1916 Russell 25hp traction engine owned by the Castleberry Family of Cumming, GA
10.  A homemade scale model engine built in 1969 owned by Roscoe Thomas of Cumming, GA
11.  A 1/3 scale model of a 23-90 Baker owned by A.J. Nahlik of Cumming, GA
12.  Scale model Keck Gonnerman owned by Travis Brown of Tennessee.
13.  Scale model Gaar Scott owned by Harold Stark of Indiana.
14.  2002 Case 1/2 scale Case 65 owned by Roscoe Thomas of Cumming, GA

I don't think that Roscoe is the gentleman who gave his Peerless to his grandson and then his grandson purchased this engine for him.  Roscoe bought this 1/2 scale Case for himself in 2002.  I don't think the has a Peerless.  They have 3 Cases as well as a Port Huron and a Russell, along with the scale models.

As well as the engines that were fired up, the following engines were at the fairgrounds in our steam engine shed on display.

1.  1906 Case 12hp portable engine that has been mounted on a truck frame owned by Ralph Webb.
2.  1915 Case 50hp traction engine owned by Buddy Lang.
3.  1906 Case 12hp portable engine that has been mounted on a truck frame owned by Doddler Thomas Family.
4.  1915 Case 65hp traction engine owned by David Moore
5.  1923 Case 65hp traction engine owned by Matt Martin
6.  1888 Peerless F portable engine owned by Michael Bagwell
7.  Frick portable slab burning engine owned by Larry Watson
8.  1923 Baker 23-90 traction engine owned by Joey Moore

All owners are from Cumming, GA.

The following is a list of engines that are in the county, but were not a the show.

1.  1912 Case 80hp traction engine owned by the Blackburn Family
2.  1910 Case 45hp traction engine owned by Russ Hubbard
3.  1915 Case 50hp traction engine owned by Stanley Elrod
4.  1916 Case 50hp traction engine owned by David Thomas
5.  1915 Case 65hp traction engine owned by Paul McGruder and Buddy Lang
6.  1909 Case 12hp traction engine owned by Buddy Lang
7.  Frick portable mounted on a truck frame owned by Gardie Thomas
8.  Peerless U 20hp traction engine owned by the Mashburn Family
9.  Port Huron traction engine owned by Russ Hubbard
10.  1912 Russell 20hp traction engine owned by Tim Hubbard

All owners are from Cumming, GA

I show is growing every year.  We were able to saw with our Case 20 this year.  We are having some work done on our Case 80 and will have it ready by the spring.  I know that we have only been at it for 4 years, but I think we are doing well so far.  If any of you have been able to come to the show, I hope that it was an enjoyable visit.  For those that have not been I would like to invite you to come down next year the 2nd weekend in Nov.

Kiwp Blackburn
1902 Case 20
1912 Case 80