[AT] tri-axle trailer question

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Thu Nov 18 04:03:58 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/18/2004 5:39:48 AM Central Standard Time,
cmonson at hvc.rr.com writes:

It would  seem to me that if I towed a 6 ton load on a trailer
that weighed a ton by  itself, I would be just about maxed right out for
the pintle hitch provided  I didn't go over the 3000# vertical load. It
would seem to me that hitting  a bump or going over a set of railroad
tracks and bouncing the trailer  hitch could multiply the load on the
pintle hook and easily exceed the  3000# rated load.

Cecil
--

rated load is usually 1/5 of ultimate strength.  Ther is a safety  factor
built in...

Cecil in OKla