[AT] Homemade trailers

Wrench50 at aol.com Wrench50 at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 19:10:40 PST 2004

Michigan changed the way they license trailers last year. Before you got a
yearly plate ($35 for my tandem trailer) Now you get a lifetime plate $75 up to
1999 lb. $200 for over 2000 lb. then it jumps again at 10,000 lb. I think.
Well, the title for my trailer said 2000 lb. So I removed the winch and reweighed
it to see how much weight I would have to remove to get it under 2000#.
Weighed in at 1989#  Took slip to DMV and got a plate for $75. But they did take my
title. Because trailers under 2000# don't require a title. O ya weight slip
cost me $5    Del