[AT] Cummins 250 Information

charles bridges bridgescharles at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 14 17:17:43 PST 2004

I am not a real mechanic, but a retired truck driver.  I think you can do
just about anything you want to with a 250.
They are not as fuel efficient as the later engines, but all that is
relative  anyway.
It is not uncommon for one to go 500,000 if serviced and taken care of.  I
have know of drivers to put a stinger in them or clamp the return line and
they would run with about anything on the road.  That would shorten the life
of them of course.