[AT] Cummins 250 Information

D8RMAN at aol.com D8RMAN at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 13:44:18 PST 2004

Allen, I found these engines very hard starting in cold weather other wise
they were a long lasting engine. If you need any parts for it there is a metal
ID tag on the timming chain cover that tells you a number that is for the parts
list for that engine. Willard Smith, Tacoma,WA.
I am looking for information on the Cummins 250 engine. What problems were
these engines prone to? Were they available with a higher horsepower output
rating; if so, how high? Looking at an old truck to haul antique tractors
and engines to shows and pulls.

Thank you,
Allen Pruehss
SE Michigan