[AT] Cummins 250 Information

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Nov 14 11:44:44 PST 2004

Hi Ernie,  I think they pushed that block as high as 290 hp but I'm not all
together sure.  In the early and mid 70's there were a lot of 29 cummins
around here.  They were on par with and slightly better performance wise
than 8V71 detroits and a good bit more dependable and long lived.   A 250
should do a good job for you if it is in good shape but I know you realize
you are dealing with a 35 year old engine.

Charlie