[Farmall] F-20 tires

Bob Currie tractors at foothill.net
Sun Nov 14 10:21:43 PST 2004

Tony,
The F-20's use various sizes of those F & H round  spoke wheels like you
have on your 37 model. The most common ones I've seen are 24", 28",
36",  38". I've seen 40's and 42", but not very often, and they were mostly
used on special applications. The 24" and 28" wheels are mounted with the
hub turned around so the wheel sticks  out further and doesn't hit the
brake pod.  If you used 36" or 38", the wheel could be mounted in the more
conventional method, and you'd see the overall width of the tractor would
be about seven or eight inches narrower.  They offer those different tire
sizes so you can pick a size that will fit your needs, and also to keep the
tractor sitting level. Usually, the smaller the diameter of your wheel, the
bigger or taller or fatter the tire. I don't necessarily agree that the BF
Goodrichs look the best, and I would suggest that you go have a look
around, whether on the internet or in person, at other F-20's to compare
what you see. I say all this because your rear wheels and tires are (1) a
very expensive part of the restoration, and (2) they can make or break the
overall look of your finished tractor.

>bobcurrie,
Greenwood, CA