[AT] Shop heating

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sat Nov 13 07:38:30 PST 2004

	Hi Charlie. I finished grading the entire site Thursday afternoon
just at dark. I had a smaller excavator up there the past week - a Komatsu
PC-120 and used it to remove all the stumps and then dig two large holes
with a total area of 10 foot deep by 15 feet wide and 85 feet long and
buried every rock I could find. I had just enough rocks to fill both holes
which will give you an idea of how many there were. The good part is finding
only gravel and a little clay below 12" and no more rocks. After finishing
filling in the holes and spreading some gravel on the driveway, I still have
an estimated 50 tons of it to do with as I please. Probably spread it out on
the site in the spring. After finishing that, I graded off a place to start
putting my tractors in the spring once the weather clears. I also dug two
test holes 6 foot deep required to get a permit for the septic system. There
should be no trouble with it with all the gravel on the site.

	I was up there fueling up the excavator by a little after 8:00AM on
Friday morning and it was snowing pretty hard. I could not have finished at
a better time. All I have ahead of me now for the winter is burning brush
from the giant pile in back of the tractor yard. There is no hurry to it and
the permit is free so it is just a matter of getting nice days.

	I also have about 50 full cords of hardwood firewood in log lengths
and if I run out of things to do I can always cut and split wood. We plan to
heat both the house and the shop with a central wood and oil fired boiler.
It's nice to be busy.

	We don't plan to dig the hole for the full basement until May so I
have lots of time for planning. Thanks for asking and if you need any rocks
I still have some left out back. All it would cost you is the shipping. ;-)

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson