[AT] Back (D Case stuck)

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Fri Nov 12 08:37:13 PST 2004

The valve information opens up several other options and my guess now is to
look there first.  Where there used to be smoke, there still may be a few
embers.

But to answer the sticking and only a week rest:   It takes very little
galling and corrosion to freeze up a tight engine.  All it takes is a
tablespoon of of coolant from a head or head  gasket leak, some oxygen and
a few days.   Again, it won't stick it up tight in a week but certainly
could create enough adhesion to create the need for some muscle to pop.

My Mustang showed very little galling and rust but was stuck up tighter
than a drum.   I can show you pictures of them as I still have the pistons.
 Very moderate visible rust(but some significant bi-metal galling) and
after two years of soaking one piston had to be cracked out.  The rest
required a sledge and wood block.  Mouse piss was the culprit there - they
has made a nest in the exhaust.

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!