[AT] Back (D Case stuck)

bwhdon acton at onramp.bz
Fri Nov 12 10:45:55 PST 2004

Walt ,

I kinda thought anti freez coolant wouldn't rust up ? I don't think a ring
breaking would cause the engine to freez up, but it might. The orginal push
rod bending was most likly cause from moisture getting into the valve
chamber and setting a valve causing the push rods to bend, My AC C did the
same thing, but if the lifter got stuck or damaged when the push rods bent
it might have stuck in the lifter guild hole this time? Pulling the head is
a good idea, but you could pull the side cover off and check the lifers ( if
it has one ?) or it could have been a timing gear broke a tooth and hung up
and finally got dislodged when the engine was rocked back and forth ?

the engine seems to run ok now I think?  I think I would drain the oil and
see if any shinny metal shows up.

Don