[AT] Back (D Case stuck)

ken knierim wild1 at cpe-66-1-196-61.az.sprintbbd.net
Fri Nov 12 06:39:58 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 14:19, Spencer Yost wrote:
> I'll bet it had just started rusting up and you caught it soon enough that
> you could free it up without disassembly.
>
> Spencer Yost
> Owner, ATIS
> Plow the Net!
> http://www.atis.net

Well, that doesn't seem possible. I parked it on a Wednesday and less
than a week later (on Sunday) it didn't want to turn. I'd say we're
talking between 200 and 300 foot-pounds on the crank before it would
budge. The only thing different about this from all the times I started
and stopped it Sunday (leveling dirt for the neighbor) was the fact that
the back tires were on a slight berm, making the nose down. I parked it
there after putting things away from my Halloween hayride, so it's not
like I was running it hard.

Oh, this is Arizona and it did not rain or get wet in that time either.

I DID have problems with it before the hayride since it had been sitting
nearly a year and 2 valves had stuck (bent the pushrods starting it up),
but I would have to credit that to my foolishness of testing a new
pressure washer on it before I parked it for the "winter" last year. I
claim responsibility for that little OOPS but it ran for several hours
like a top during the hayride (after straightening the pushrods and
re-adjusting the valves).

Sunday was a good day in spite of the problems with the stuck Case. I
also got to fire up my TD-14 and do some demolition at the neighbor's
house, and had my Bobcat over there as well moving dirt. Girlfriend saw
right through my exhaustion Sunday night and told me I was having fun.
(she's right of course)

Well, I'm not sure what happened yet. Probably won't unless I tear the
tractor down and look for problems... and that's not probably going to
happen anytime soon. Why look for problems when I know there are several
on some of my other toys? :^)

Ken

Gilbert AZ